Friday, April 29, 2011

Just So You Know...

I will continue to vote for people who at least minimally recognize that we need to pay taxes to have public services, and I will willingly pay increased taxes to help make sure that everyone in the country has access to services involving education, health, transportation and such.

But at the same time, I can't help but note the irony that there will be a lot of teabaggers who hate government expecting the government to help them deal with the aftermath of the devastating storms and tornados.

I wonder if their sky fairy had something to do with what happened?

I wonder if their mega-churches will use as much money to rebuild as they use to buy politicians to oppress women and glbtq folks?

And yes, I have an appointment to donate my very life's blood next week (now that my arm has recovered from the booboo I got when the needle went all the way through the vein or whatever). I wonder if our governor donates regularly?

2 comments:

  1. Peter8:23 AM

    Yes, trenchant irony.

    Maybe your life blood will course through a teabagger and induce a change of heart. One can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. richard11:19 AM

    I suspect our Governor is, shall we say, a net importer of blood products.

    ReplyDelete