Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Half an Hour

It's been a tad warm this week, so I've resorted (with some friends) to the campus pool for some easy laps for exercise. I'm one of those people who had basic swimming lessons as a kid, and is happy to swim, but I don't swim fast or efficiently. I still love the side stroke, which probably isn't even an official stroke, but is relaxing and comfortable for me.

Why is it, then, that a half an hour lazily swimming laps makes me ravenous, way more than an hour playing outside (running-ish) or several hours biking?

(The campus pool requires some strategy: dinner time is ideal for people like me. Later, and the pool is filled with whatever sports camp campers are staying on campus, usually high school age kids. If they're female, they're loud at high pitches. If male, loud at a lower pitch.)

1 comment:

  1. My husband is the same way. He has the stamina of a twelve-year old. He plays volleyball, hockey, you name it for hours, but for some reason, he gets easily tired in the pool.

    ReplyDelete