Friday, December 09, 2011

And Again

Today was a repeat day: I visited Westminser Abbey and said goodbye to Chaucer and Spenser. Then I went on to the Banqueting House, which was a wonderful as before. Then on to the National Portrait Gallery, but this time just the Tudors and Stuarts. (As if there's anything to look at after them!) And finally, an hour or so in the National Gallery to see the Arnolfi portrait, Holbein's Ambassadors, some Reubens and some Rembrandts.

I'm still up in the air about tomorrow. We'll see what I feel like when morning rolls around.

It's really nice to revisit some places. I enjoyed the slight familiarity.

And I'm pretty emotionally ready to go home. (I'm very happy here, but you know how it is when you've been away awhile.)

1 comment:

  1. Very glad you've had such a wonderful stay there! Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete