Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Thing About Grading

You start, and grade for a good while, and then you look, and somehow your stack feels just as large, and maybe larger, than it did.

If you've got classes in the high 20s and 30s, you can't (or maybe I should say "I can't"?) just power through and finish, as I can with a few papers or small journal type assignments.

The other thing: there's really nothing on TV that works for grading. At least for me. (I need something fairly familiar, not too interesting, just to make some background noise.)

More grading must happen today.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. The stack is like a bowl of oatmeal in a cartoon that never gets any smaller even as the cartoon character takes bites.

    I can't watch anything while I'm grading papers. Can't really listen to music either, except maybe classical.

    ReplyDelete