Friday, June 22, 2012

Revelation

I just got back from a 35+ mile ride.  It was GREAT.  How great, you ask?  Very!

I usually go out to ride with a rough plan.  I'll choose a route based on wind direction, how I feel, how much time I have, how hot it is, and so on.  Today, my plan was to go out QQ for 15-25 miles; depending on how I felt, I'd turn back at whatever point.

I turned back at about 13 miles (which is where the quieter road hits the busier road, and so it's a good place to turn back and stay on the quieter road).  My feet weren't numb AT ALL, though in the past, they've started going numb at 8-10 miles.    In addition to adjusting a cleat to be straighter and my seat, the bike fitter had given me a few stretching sorts of things to try on the bike, and they seemed to help a lot, but not as much as the cleat adjustment did.

I rode back most of the way, to the point where I cross a bike path, and then because I was feeling so good, and my feet weren't numb, I turned onto the bike path and rode a while more.  When I turned back, I turned more because I was hungry (I stopped on the way back to get a sandwich because I hadn't taken one since I hadn't planned to ride so far) and tiring, and didn't want to get too far out and face a headwind coming home. 

It's so much better to ride without numb feet!  I can't believe I didn't get a bike fitting sooner! 

Now I'm tired, but not sore or anything. 

I loved my bike a lot before, but now it's even better!

1 comment:

  1. This is just awesome! I'm so glad that the numb feet thing was just a matter of adjustment, and not something you had to go to the doctor for over and over again. That's excellent news! Enjoy all your summer riding!

    ReplyDelete