Friday, August 17, 2012

Long Lost

I have one of those big, extended families, the kind that really benefits from effbee's existence.

A year or so ago, my Mom had lunch with one of my Dad's cousins, and that put me back in touch with her kids, whom I haven't seen in ages.  The elder I saw when we were both in grad school within a couple hours of each other, but I was finishing and he was starting, and in different fields, so we lost touch.  The younger I hadn't seen since I was a young adult and took a short trip to the other coast and visited with my Dad's cousin.

But tomorrow, the younger is going to be about three hours away, so I'm going to drive up and have lunch with her and her family.

I'm excited.  She sounds like a cool person on effbee, and I have fond memories of her side of the family, even though it's been forever.

I'm thinking about her grandmother, Aunt Vesta, who was one of the many grandmothers and great aunts at big family get togethers.  And her Mom and uncle, two of the coolest people in our family.

Did I mention I'm excited?  Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment