Wednesday, September 04, 2013

New Definitions

A good day this semester, I think, is a day when I cross more things off the to do list than I add.

A potentially bad day is when I add more things than I cross off.

I was pretty much busy from 7:30 to 6pm with stuff:  prep, committee work, three and a half hours of classes, a meeting, and advising a student.  I did have lunch for the better part of an hour, but other than that, there wasn't much down time.

And yet I added more to my to do list than I crossed off.  If I can get a couple things done this evening, I may bring the cross-offs up to the adds.  And yet, nothing horrible happened today.  There were minor problems, but nothing really bad.

I did find out, for example, that the edition I use has different pagination than the edition the rental system has.  But we were able to straighten that out in class.  (The same readings were there, just on different pages, in that anthology way.)  I couldn't get the campus advising program to work, but then when I asked for help, it was working fine.  And my advisee really needs to panic less and look up stuff more.  I hope she'll get there!

And now, to cross some stuff off the list if I can!

1 comment:

  1. I hate that feeling of running as fast as you can without making any visible progress. But it's got to get better...right? Maybe? I hope?!

    ReplyDelete