Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Advising Worries

I just met with an advisee who wants to do education, which in our program is slightly competitive and requires at least a 2.75 GPA to get started.

This advisee really needs to work on grades.

Zie is a transfer student, and spent part of our meeting complaining about some courses not transferring enough, and part telling me that zie couldn't remember what the courses zie's complaining about not transferring actually were.

So, zie complained, for example, that a specific English course didn't seem to transfer, but couldn't remember what the course was, what zie read in the course, or what the course was about.  I'm unconvinced.

My advice for the semester:  grades and demonstrating to the teachers who will fill out evals that zie is enthusiastic and going to be a great teacher.  I hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment