Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ringing Costs

I just got the bill for the appointments about my ringing ears.

I had an appointment with a primary care doctor (a family practice doctor), an appointment with an audiologist to test my hearing, and an appointment with an ear, nose, and throat doctor.

The result was that I have very minor hearing loss at the upper end.  It's not worth using hearing aids for, they said.

And there's nothing to be done for the ringing; I just need to ignore it and deal.  They suggested putting music on, which is okay for sometimes, but not really when I'm in a meeting, class, or working at something requiring real concentration (like most of my work).

The insurance was charged $500.  To tell me to just ignore it and deal.  I don't know why I even bothered, since looking at various sources on the web had pretty much said as much.  Stupid me.

2 comments:

  1. You bothered because it is so much better to know that nothing is wrong than to worry and wonder if there is a larger problem. The mental load of that worry is a big deal, don't try to minimize that! It would have been nice to have a solution, but you did still accomplish something by visiting the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! But I think the family practice person could have probably told me that.

      Delete