Tuesday, April 07, 2015

And Back...

Trying to get back in the swing.  Everything, it seems, must be done by early next week, if not sooner.

I have a list, and am checking things off as I go, but not nearly enough, and not nearly fast enough.

I have an advisee who thought s/he was going to graduate in a semester, but unless things change, it will take more than two semesters.  (It could take two if s/he increases the number of credits s/he takes up towards the limit.)

I had a great time at SAA, but now what I really want is sleep.  I was gone just long enough, and have enough propensity for late nights, that I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, and a not so easy time getting going this morning.  Here I am, trying to get stuffs done.

I had an even better time visiting with some friends in Seattle, and saw the Pompeii exhibit (link to an article), which was amazing.  Okay, let me rephrase that: the first section, which was about life before the volcano was amazing.  The second part, which was mostly the volcano stuff, and included casts of the dead bodies, was horrific.  I saw a teenaged girl overwhelmed (fortunately, she was with an adult who hugged and held her in a very supportive, good way).  I felt not quite that overwhelmed, but close.  For some reason, the ears got me. 

It was beyond great to visit with some friends.  I should see some friends a whole lot more often than I do.

And now, to the next thing on my list.

1 comment:

  1. SO good to see you! Glad you had a good time in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete