As of last night, the floors are laid, sanded, and stained. At this moment, the floor folks are putting on the second coat of finish. Then it dries for the weekend, and on Monday, they'll come put up baseboards and such. It looks every bit as good as I hoped!
In other progress, here's what I had to do, with the done parts stricken out.
Now I need to finish
1. Studying Victorian lit and culture (I should probably make a whole list for this!)
2. Repainting some woodwork on the back, outside of the house. (Last year I did some in the front of the house.)
3. Finishing a paper and sending it out.
And some other projects, small and large:
Learning the next violin song. (and working on shifting, vibrato, and double stops)
Planting my garden (yep, it still isn't in. Maybe tomorrow...)
3. Updating hard drives.
Getting rid of some old electronics stuff (after checking the hard drive and emptying it... I hope!)
5. Doing a book of pictures for my friends' kid's third birthday
6. Making all my reservations for the UK
I've made MOST of my reservations for the UK.
Between Birding and Starting << suggestions? I'll be in Scotland for birding, near Cairngorms National Park. Should I go to Glasgow? Inverness? (I've been to Edinburgh, and while it's wonderful, I'd like to see something new.)
In the violin world, at my last lesson, my teacher agreed that I'm ready to start memorizing and working towards my Book 3 test.
So, lot's to do this weekend, and then in the coming week, I get to move back into the rest of my house!